See your Inspiration Board published in the inaugural edition of
The Wedding Business Magazine
To celebrate the announcement of the 2016 Pantone Colour of the Year and the launch of the Wedding Business Magazine, in December, #WedPin includes an Inspiration Board Challenge. This month we want you to not only curate a Pinterest board, but also present an Inspiration Board to us too.
This challenge is particularly exciting because the pairing of Pantone’s Rose Quartz and Serenity is your starting point. Your event, is a Wedding. On the surface, it looks easy and there is no doubt that our Colour of the Year is pretty, but how will you bring it together in a Wedding? We can’t wait to see.
Closing date for entries is 18 December, 2015 and the winner will be announced on December 21. Now for the big news. This month we will choose 3 finalists. ‘Runners-up’ will have their entries published here on the Academy Live blog. The winner will have their entry published in the launch edition of The Wedding Business Magazine. Your winning entry will be published alongside articles from some of the industry’s most well-respected professionals. Huge!
The winning entry will be voted on by Academy Tutors.
Now let’s run through how you play, #WedPin this month.
1. Create a Pinterest account if you don’t already have one.
2. Follow our Pinterest account for inspiration for curating boards.
3. Brainstorm a concept for the wedding, all the while keeping the colours Rose Quartz and Serenity in your mind.
4. Once you have your concept, summarise it in a paragraph. This will be submitted to us, but it will also help you to design your Pinterest and Inspiration Board.
5. Create your Pantone Colour of the Year Pinterest Board and include the following hashtags in the description section of the board; #WedPin #AcademyLive #Wedding #Pantone
5. Regularly review your board to ensure it represents your concept. Don’t be afraid to take Pins out that don’t reflect your concept.
6. Take images from the board and add them to an Inspiration Board. Let your creativity run wild here. This board is the centrepiece of your presentation.
7. When you are happy with your boards and written concept, email me with a link to your Pinterest Board. Your email will include your written concept and your Inspiration Board should be attached (saved as a jpeg file). Please also include image credits for your Inspiration Board.
It is important that you use the hashtags, #WedPin & #AcademyLive in your description, so we can follow your boards. Using #Wedding and #Pantone means couples searching for inspiration for their wedding will find your board too. But you may want to keep your board ‘secret’ until the closing date and that is ok too.
#WedPin is open to everyone.