Prepare to get creative because our Pantone Wedding Design Colour Challenge is back!
We all love a good styling and design challenge so this month we’re bringing back our most popular competition ever.
As many of you know, Autumn is the time we focus on looking to the year ahead, compiling all the need-to-know wedding trend predictions for next year.
What is the Pantone Wedding Design Colour Challenge?
As you know the wedding industry is heavily invested in trends. From the bridal fashion runways in New York to the most covetable wedding tablescapes created by the top wedding planners and stylists.
And colour trends are a HUGE part of it. A wedding palette plays a big role in setting the look and feel of a wedding.
This is why we’re always so excited to see the top colour trends for the coming year as predicted by the colour authority Pantone and explore how these might be translated in a wedding design.
And next season’s colours are a stunning selection of rich and vibrant brights, soft ice cream pastels and a focus on a variety of blue shades. Plus that warm Mocha is lush!
How does the Challenge Work?
Your challenge is to design a wedding inspiration moodboard inspired by one of the 2022 trending colours.
All you have to do is:
- Pick ONE colour
- Find your favourite wedding inspiration images that tell that colour story
- Design a moodboard using Canva
- Post on Instagram to enter the Challenge
You can submit as many moodboards as you like. Challenge yourself to cover the whole palette if you wish!
If you need some inspiration you can check out last years winners here.
The Wedding Academy Team will then select their favourite design for each colour. AND those winning moodboards with be featured in the 2022 Wedding Trend Report, here on this blog and across our social media platforms.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to practice your moodboard design skills PLUS get your work seen by the international wedding industry community.
Now it’s time to get designing! Here’s all the need-to-know details to enter…
Inspiration Board Requirements:
- Inspiration boards must be created in Canva. You can refert to this blog post on how to create moodboards in Canva.
- All boards must include a title with “Pantone” followed by the colour name, i.e ‘Dahlia’. To add a title select Text from the left menu – click add heading – select a font and size.
- Add your business branding if you have one.
- Please only use ONE Pantone colour per board.
- Only select colours from the ‘2022 NYFW colour palette‘. NOT the Core Classics.
- Include a swatch of the Pantone colour as one of the images on the board.
- Boards must be downloaded as a JPEG or PNG file.
- All entries should be posted on a public Instagram account.
- You MUST tag @WeddingAcademyLive and use the hashtag #Pantone2022WeddingChallenge
- All images MUST be credited to the owner/original source in the post caption. Example format to be used — Image Credit: PHOTOGRAPHER/ BUSINESS NAME found via WEBSITE.
- You can submit as many entries as you wish. Even do a board for each colour if you’re up for the challenge!
Deadline for entries is midnight on Friday 29th October 2021. The winners will be announced on Friday the 5th of November.
So get inspired and get creative! We can’t wait to see your entry!