Today our WedBizTips series is all about motivation. We all lack mojo from time to time and as many of us work on our own in the wedding industry it can be hard to stay inspired and keep yourself going.
This type of thing can also apply to those studying to get into the industry as finding time and motivation to study can sometimes be difficult too. The tips below are some of the ones I shared on Instagram with a few more thrown in for good measure.
- Motivation is like a muscle. It needs using, working & strengthening through regular use.
- The biggest tip I have is to clarify your goals for the day. How can you achieve anything not knowing what needs to be done?
- I find looking long term is helpful. Seeing the plan as a whole makes the smaller obstacle seem more achievable.
- Set yourself small milestones that you can celebrate the achievement of. It is a great way to motivate yourself again.
- Always be open to change. You might plan to do things one way but there are always alternative paths to the same end goal.
- Body language has a lot to do with how you feel. Holding your body in a certain way changes the way you feel.
- Make a New Year’s resolution at different points in the year. We all love a fresh start & respond well to it.
- Surround yourself with the colour green. This colour provides the biggest boost in motivation and energy.
- Do some exercise. Personally I love going out on my bike. I love the freedom & it exhilarates me unlocking motivation.
- Music is a great motivator. Personally I listen to music all day as it really lifts me & motivates me to get things done.
Next week our topic is Negotiating with Wedding Clients so make sure you join us for the video on Instagram and the full article here on the blog.