It’s competition time…but with a difference.
Every year at the Wedding Academy we like to run different competitions that allow you to flex your creative muscles.
We’ve done tablescape designs, Instagram challenges, Pantone mood boards and all sorts of fun things.
And now we’re inviting you to take part in something very special so I hope you’re ready.
This year I’m turning 50. Yep I really am that old. And trust me when I say I’m definitely having a party.
But as every self-respecting wedding planner knows a party takes planning and that includes the idea, the theme, and the design.
So here’s my challenge to you.
I’d like you to design a concept and inspiration board for my 50th birthday party.
If you were going to be my event planner what ideas would you have?
Knowing what you know about my love of all things pink, Abba, bubbles & living in France how would you describe the concept?
(And if you don’t know me check me out on Instagram and you’ll find out so much more)
And here’s a little heads-up, I’ve just taken delivery of a karaoke machine. You know what that means don’t you…
Are you up for the challenge?
This is a great chance to hone your skills, try something different or simply try something new and see how you do.
The team here at the Academy will each pick their favourite board and I’ll then pick a final overall winner.
All of our runners up and the winner will be featured on the Wedding Academy blog and across all of our social media.
So now, it’s time to get planning. Here’s all the need-to-know details to enter…
- Design your inspiration board in Canva. Use this blog post from our Easter Table Challenge on how to create moodboards in Canva.
- Download your board as either a JPEG or PNG file
- Write a 2-3 sentence paragraph describing your concept. Really bring the vision you have to life using words.
- Post your image to Instagram from a public account
- Use the 2-3 concept you wrote as the description for your post
- Tag @weddingacademylive & @kyliecarlson.co
- Use these two hashtags #kyliesbirthdaybonanza & #weddingacademy and any other hashtags you wish to use.
- All images MUST be credited to the owner/original source in the post caption. Example format to be used — Image Credit: PHOTOGRAPHER/ BUSINESS NAME found via WEBSITE.
You can submit as many entries as you wish. Even do a board for each party idea you have if you’re up for the challenge! (I hope you are)
Deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday the 27th June 2021. The winners will be announced on Thursday the 1st of July (my actual birthday).
I’m so excited to see what you all come up with and of course to see how well you know me.
And if you’re really up for a challenge then I’d love to see you do a reel presenting your idea – you know I’m a Reels Girl!