As we have said countless times on our blog running a business and takes different skills from the ones you use when planning, styling or designing a wedding or event. Last night on #WedBizHour our topic up for discussions was about how you can improve your business processes.
If you don’t set yourself some processes within your business it is like going on a road trip without planning a route, you sort of drift around not really getting where you want to be and never really achieving anything. As usual there were some great tips shared and below I have summarised some of those below and if you click this link you can read the full transcript:
- Imagine you had a team of employees, how would you describe the daily procedures?
- Try mapping one of our daily processes ( e.g lead follow ups) as a flow diagram.
- Are you duplicating any part of the process? Or worse still missing lead follow ups because there is a missing link.
- Spend 2 minutes pondering what your daily frustrations are? Could they be improved by a better process?
- o improve your old processes you may just need to look to technology to make them more relevant, could texting not email work?
- If you do make process changes, then set a date to evaluate if it’s been a success.