Today as part of our WedBizTips series we are looking at how to gain more confidence in business. The subject up for discussion was confidence and one of the reasons I picked this as a subject was I see so many fantastically talented wedding professionals who all seem to share a common theme, a lack of confidence in their own abilities. This can come in many shapes and forms from a fear of public speaking to a simple lack of conviction in their own abilities.
The funny thing is, more often than not, we can all see other people’s talents very clearly even when we can’t see our own. The problem is that without that air of confidence it is hard to convince others that we do know what we are doing, that we are highly skilled professionals and that they should entrust the most important event of their life to us.
Your level of self-confidence can show in many different ways from your body language, your hand shake, how you speak, your behaviour and what you say. Confident people inspire confidence, period. Here are some of the tips that came out of last night’s chat:
- Empower Yourself – knowledge is a great way to boost self confidence.
- Focus on the positive – write a list of what you like about yourself. Start with ten!
- Dress well and practice good grooming – confident people are generally well groomed and well dressed and when you feel that you look good you project confidence.
- Stand Up! – good posture contributes to our feelings of confidence. Practice pulling your shoulders back, raising your head and looking those you speak to directly in the eye.
- Do Something New – step outside your comfort zone a little and take on a challenge.
There are many more ways that you can boost confidence and start achieving more personal and business success for yourself, but hopefully this will give you the motivation you need to take the next step.
Next week on WedBizTips we will be discussing how you can launch and run a business whilst working fulltime, so don’t forget to join us for the video on Instagram and here on the blog for the full list of tips and ideas.