In each edition of our publication The Wedding Business Magazine, we put ourselves in the shoes of expert wedding and event professionals. In our recent February issue we took on the perspective of Kim Sayatovic of New Orleans based events company Belladeux Events. We asked Kim what she feels sets her apart from her competitors, and what practices she employs for mapping out the business year ahead.
Here are Kim’s top 5 tips for event business planning in 2017?
- Don’t worry about what others are doing. Focus on your own business.
- Write down your financial goals as well as your business growth goals. If you don’t write it down, you can’t make it happen.
- If you don’t have one, create a business plan. It’s cliché, but you are planning to fail if you don’t have a plan.
- Keep your goals simple. Long term goals are great, but you need to have a smaller set of yearly goals to feel a sense of accomplishment and keep yourself motivated.
- Create a budget. You absolutely have to keep yourself accountable with spending and, if you don’t write it down, it’s easy to overspend.
To register for your free subscription of The Wedding Business Magazine click here.