Social media is one of those things that is always evolving. Just as you think you have mastered when to post and the platforms to post on something new pops up for you to think about. Its exhausting.
I try to live by the golden rule that I only pick the mediums I know are going to work for my company and help me to build brand awareness. This means I need to know where my target market are and what platforms that frequent. For us not only do we want to start conversations with our potential clients, but also those in the industry so we have two very defined criteria we are working towards when posting on social media.
Last night’s #WedBizHour on Twitter talked about some of the tips and tricks you can apply when posting on social media and below are our top 8 tips. For the full transcript of the chat you can download the PDF here…
- When are the best times to post on Pinterest? We suggest trying between 7pm & 12am.
- When are the best times to post on Facebook? We suggest trying between 1 and 4 pm.
- When are the best times to post on Instagram? We suggest trying between 3 and 4pm.
- When are the best times to post on Twitter? We suggest trying between 12 and 3pm.
- How often should I post on Pinterest? This may sound ridiculous but 20-25 times a day is recommended.
- How often should I post on Facebook? The average is 2-5 times per day but if you have something valuable to say more is fine.
- How often should I post on Instagram? The sweet spot is 1-3 times per day. Remember not everyone is going to see each post.
- How often should I post on Twitter? 5-7 times per day is a safe bet with Twitter. just make sure you have something to say.
If all else fails remember this – great content attracts people organically & they stay for much longer. Communicate with your followers and give them information they can enjoy and appreciate.
Next week we will be chatting about Successful Business Habits so make sure you join us between 8-9pm GMT on Twitter using the hashtag #WedBizHour.