We are nearly at the end of our interview series WEDTalks, our FREE video lessons for those looking at getting into the wedding industry. These videos were hosted at the Exotic Wedding Planning Conference in Barcelona in November 2016. It was such an honour to sit down with some of Europe’s top planners and hear them talk quite frankly about their triumphs, challenges and how they have come to be so successful. Today’s interview was a particular favourite of mine as the interviewee never fails to make me smile and can only be described as infectious. I can completely understand why his clients love him and why he is considered to be one of the UK’s premiere Destination Wedding Planners.
Without further ado let me introduce you to Matthew Oliver, International Wedding Planner. He describes himself as a wedding Wikipedia and I can’t help but agree. So what will you learn from Matthew in this video:
- The traits and skills required to be an event designer
- How to combine planning and design within your portfolio
- Where to look for design inspiration
- Finding your creative space
- How to take a client’s vision and turn it into a reality